- ◄How often do the projects change?
There are 8 new projects each month. Monthly projects are announced and bookable 1 month prior. Members get exclusive early access at 6pm est on the last day of the month. (ex: January workshops will be available Nov. 30th at 6pm est)
- ◄How do I cancel if I can’t make it?
Message us on our website chat to cancel, no less than 48 hours before your workshop time. No credits or refunds for cancelling with less than 48 hours notice.
- ◄What if I only want to make 1 project a month?
No problem, there is no limit to how few or many projects you make.
- ◄Behaviour Expectation
Memberships are designed for people who can operate independently in the studio. Members are responsible for setting up their own supplies and cleaning up after themselves.
Be kind. Anyone being disrespectful to the staff, to other guests, or to the studio will be asked to leave immediately and membership may be revoked without credit or refund. In the event of violent, threatening or inappropriate behaviour, police will be contacted immediately. Please note we have cameras throughout the studio for safety.
- ◄Labelling Projects
- Members are asked to carve their full name and date very clearly into their clay work.
- Anything unlabelled will not be stored or fired.
- We have limited studio space and cannot store work indefinitely.
- Please label all wet projects, anything unlabelled may be thrown away.
- Wrap any ongoing wet projects following staff instructions.
- Wet projects, bisqued or glazed projects can be stored on the work-in-progress shelves for up to 1 month.
Dust from all clay contains free silica that is too fine and heavy to be expelled from the lungs. Over time this can cause silicosis, a lung disease.
Here are a few things we do at the studio to prevent this:
- We use wet clay only.
- Please do not bring in any outside clay.
- Once clay has been cut from the block, it cannot be stored or kept.
- Members wipe down surfaces with a wet sponge.
- Members mop if clay or glaze is dripped on the floor.
- We fully close the lids of all glaze buckets.
- No sanding is allowed in the studio.
- Please follow all cleaning procedures as outlined in the orientation.
- Members thoroughly clean all tools and put them away.
- Allow for at least 20 minutes of cleanup after each session.
- The workspace is checked by staff before members leave.
- Staff thoroughly mop daily. Please do not stay late under any circumstances, so staff have ample time for cleaning and resetting the studio.
- ◄Clay Firing
- We do not give any guarantees on when your work will be fired.
- If you would like your piece ready for a certain date, please create at least 1 month in advance.
- We do our best to ensure that everything survives the firing — however, we are not responsible for a piece cracking, breaking, blistering, exploding, or any other unsatisfactory result.
- We only fire workshop projects made by studio members and students; we do not offer a firing service for individual projects.
- We will not fire any projects not based on our workshop instructions.
- No outside clay or glazes in the studio.
- Please do not touch the kiln under any circumstance.
- Please do not touch or mix glaze powders.
- ◄Baking of oven-bake clay
- We do our best to ensure that oven-bake clay bakes as expected— however, we are not responsible for a piece cracking, breaking, blistering, or any other unsatisfactory result.